Published on February 16th, 2014 | by Chris Snell - Rental Success0
Good Property Managers Are The Foundation of Good Property Management Companies
Choosing a good property management company is certainly something that you will need to do when seeking professional services to lease out your rental property. However appointing a suitably qualified property manager is more important. Too many things are left to chance when an unsuspecting property investor appoints and agency based on its profile without doing due diligence on the person who will be acting for you and your property. Needless to say there is a endless list of things to be wary of, but I propose just a few points of reference to get you started.
- Professionalism – have you spoken over the telephone or met the prospective property manager in person? Did the person appear professional and demonstrate a sense of being in control of the situation?
- Clarity – was the property manager able to grasp quickly and relay back to you with clarity the important components of your situation and the discussion? Were their communication skills attentive and engaging? Did they offer you assurances of the tasks at hand?
- Local Knowledge – did you receive some indications from the property manager that they possessed some local knowledge of the area surrounding your investment property?
- Expertise – the property manager should be able to convey to you their professional industry expertise. You should be starting to feel that this property manager does have a degree of competency that makes you feel that this person is going to serve you well.
- Reasonable – do be really confident that your property manager is the right professional for you, I recommend that you listen to your inner instinct and go with your gut feeling. Are the things that the property manager is conveying to you sounding fair and reasonable? or, Are they sounding far fetched and unreasonable?
Written by Chris Snell, Property Manager Melbourne Australia, Rental Success Blog