Published on February 11th, 2014 | by Chris Snell - Rental Success0
Tenancy Applications and Reference Checks
- Employment – is it stable? Is the income reasonable in consideration of the weekly rent?
- Previous Rental History – does the applicant have a history? Have bonds been refunded in the past?
- Next of Kin or family members named on the tenancy application – are they real people? Do they know the applicant?
- Professional or personal referees – how long have these people know your prospective tenant?
- What about the other applicants – How are they all related if applying to share the home together?
Following up of some of these basic questions will produce some valuable answers – try it, you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Following some satisfaction in these areas you are gong to approach your new tenant or tenants with a peaceful easy feeling.
Written by Chris Snell, Property Manager Melbourne Australia, Rental Success Blog